Regular readers of my blog will know that I happen to think the concept of ‘community’ is a pretty special thing. We live in the fantabulous city of Brighton (& Hove actually) and although it definitely punches well above its weight on the UK/world stage, with a population of around 275,000 it still somehow manages to retain a ‘small community’ feel about it.
This statement is especially true of our lovely little community of Hollingdean… with its Number 50 bus route, Surestart Children’s Centre on the hill that has literally single-handedly kept me sane for five years, and quirky local shops at ‘The Dip’ where ironically you might be hard-pressed to buy any… erm… dip.
One of the best things about Hollingdean is that my kids get to go to the amazing little community school, Hertford Infant & Nursery School. It’s their Summer Fair this Saturday 4th July from 11am to 2pm… and I’ve thrown my hat into the ring to help sell raffle tickets.
We’ve had some brilliant prizes donated from some incredible companies, including:
- A Silver Maxi Micro T-Bar Scooter from Microscooters worth £99.95
- £100 voucher to spend at ethical school uniform online shop Ecooutfitters
- £99 voucher for Specky Wren opticians in Brighton
- £50 voucher to spend at 11 Rugby Road handmade gifts online store
- Family tickets to Into The Trees festival
- Dinner for 2 with wine at Stanmer House, Brighton
- Cocktails at Brighton’s Hotel Pelirocco – the original Rock n Roll Boutique Hotel
- A private pod on the Brighton Wheel on Brighton’s seafront for 6 adults and 2 children, worth £45
- A month of Ninja Classes at Samurai Brighton martial arts centre
- A family ticket to Washbrooks Farm, Hassocks, worth £24
- A Crafty Bagger craft-making kit for kids
- And more…
Tickets are £2 for a strip of 5 (or 50p each) and you can buy them at the Hertford Infant & Nursery School Summer Fair this Saturday. The raffle draw will take place at 1.30pm on the day and all monies raised will go directly to Hertford Infant & Nursery School and our sister school Hertford Juniors.
If you’d like to buy some tickets and be in with a chance of winning these fantastic prizes, but can’t make the actual Summer Fair, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of how many you’d like and your phone number and I’ll reply with details of how you can pay.
All prize winners will be contacted by phone.
And Brighton folk: we’d love to see you all at our Woodland-themed Summer Fair in Hertford Road, Hollingdean this Saturday! They’ll be so much for the kids to do, including:
- Bouncy castle
- Face painting
- Dance workshop
- Fire engine
- Penalty shoot out
- Teas, coffees and cakes
- … and so much more!
It looks like the sun’s going to have its hat on and we’ll have our BBQ fired up – so come and join us. It’s all for a very good cause!