It seems like hardly a week goes by without another round of blogging award nominations at the moment. But a huge thanks to each and every one of you who nominated me in the ‘Outstanding Contribution’ category in the MAD Blog Awards for the work I’ve done on the ‘Love for Izzy Dix’ anti-bullying campaign, because I’ve made it to the Finals!!! Yeah!!! They’re not until September, but it’s so great to have been chosen to be a part of them.
As part of the campaign, we’re trying to raise as much awareness and publicity as we can this year, and are particularly trying to target parent bloggers, as issues surrounding bullying and cyberbullying are very relevant to all mums and dads with children, however young or old the kidlets are.
So far, our anti-bullying petition has over 141,000 signatures, our Facebook page has over 13,800 supporters, we’ve visited Westminster, we’ve had celebrity support from Emma Bunton, Paul Potts, Darren Boyd, Katy Hill, Sheridan Smith, Samia Ghadie, Amanda Abbington, Laura Bates, Amanda Platell, the Loose Women ladies, Caroline Criado-Perez and Josh Franceschi from the band You Me At Six. And we’re currently in talks to have our petition presented to, and discussed in, the House of Commons.
So, we’d be really appreciative if you’d consider casting a nomination in another round of parent blogging awards: the BritMums’ ‘Brilliance in Blogging’ Awards 2014 (The BiBs).
If you’ve appreciated the work that’s been done so far on the ‘Love for Izzy Dix’ campaign, and you feel like throwing a few clicks my way, then this is what you need to do:
1. Visit this website
2. Fill in your name and email address
3. Go to category number 17: Commentary & Campaigns
4. Fill the form in something like this, copying and pasting the following link for the bottom box: http://gammonandchips.com/2013/09/26/shut-down-ask-fm/
5. That’s it! If you’d like to nominate in any of the other categories, that’s fantastic, but please don’t feel as if you have to. There are also lots of other parenting blogs that are definitely worth a gander and a nomination, so feel free to get reading!
Nominations close at midnight (GMT) this Saturday 12th April!!!
If you’d like to know more about the background behind the campaign, and the heartbreaking story of my very close family friend, 14 year old Izzy Dix, please have a read of these blog posts:
- In memory of Izzy Dix. Together we must stop cyberbullying
- We’ve done it! Westminster here we come!
- Our first visit to Westminster: Love for Izzy Dix
Thanks so much for your ongoing support.
Don’t bully. Love instead. Love for Izzy Dix.